Women’s Right to Know
Title 31 GA Code Section 6 Chapter 9A the Women’s Right to Know Act of 2005:
- The Medical Risks associated with the pregnancy termination Vacuum Aspiration Procedure are: incomplete abortion, pelvic pain, heavy bleeding, cervical laceration and uterine perforation.
- The Medical Risks associated with early-non-surgical abortion (Medical Abortion) are: incomplete abortion, allergic reaction to the medications, painful cramping, nausea and/or vomiting, diarrhea, fever, infection, heavy bleeding.
- The probable age of the fetus at the time the termination is scheduled.
- The Medical Risks associated with proceeding with the pregnancy to term: abnormal blood pressure increase, diabetes, heavy blood loss after delivery, blood clots, stroke or anesthesia-related death during or immediately following delivery, post-partum depression. Women with severe chronic disease such as heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, and asthma are at greater risk of developing complications during pregnancy, labor and delivery.
Pregnant women in the State of Georgia per Title 31 GA Code Section 6 Chapter 9A are entitled to:
- You may be eligible for medical coverage for prenatal care, childbirth and newborn care
- Fathers are required by law to assist in child support
- Adoption is an option
- I have the right to review printed materials in booklet form on line at http://health.state.ga.us/wrtk/